Vanworx Xpress is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of users. This statement explains how we collect and use the information which you give us.
As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what doesn’t, which helps make our communications more effective. The more information we have, the more efficiently we are able to operate. We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
Please read this policy carefully, and any other documents referred to in this policy, to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
Why we collect information
We collect two kinds of information about our users:
- non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name, telephone number and e-mail address. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as our vehicle information requests. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service by analysing or reviewing the information that you provide to ensure that we give you access to or send you the information that you are interested in. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Usage of information
- record any contact we have with you;
- fulfil requests for our vehicles or services; or
- provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
As well as using personal information to fulfil requests, we also like to keep our friends and customers informed about our products, promotions and competitions, or about updates to our site. We will only contact you when you choose to opt into our correspondence or sign up to our friendly Vanworx newsletter.
If you do agree to receive this information, and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting you by email, you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
In other cases we will not disclose any of your personal data except in accordance with this policy, or when we have your permission, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect the rights, property and safety of Vanworx Xpress, or others. This includes disclosing your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
How we keep your data safe
We aim to ensure that there are appropriate physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect your personal details.
Our website may from time to time contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Despite all of our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention that you do so at your own risk.
Our sites contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit. In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you should be able to change your browser to prevent that. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, this should then give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
Further information about cookies can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
The laws that dictate how your personal information can be used are:
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation
Last updated: October 2018